Friday, February 04, 2005

Dingus Joke of the Day

This exchange happened in my combo class. I don't remember the exact wording of the statements, but this'll get the point:

Kev and the vocalist were talking about Chipotle for whatever reason, and...

Vocalist: Oh, so you're a fan of the big burrito?

Kev: Yeah, in fact, Steven(He has a name, gasp!) and I are in a group of crazy people who have eaten two.

Vocalist: Holy crap, how do you fit that in your stomach!?

Myself: Well, the best way is usually the mouth.

-----------

Also, I'm currently in the works (as in "thinking up") of writing a song called "Ain't No Sunshine Till She's Gone." It's based off a joke the MF'er himself, Maynard Ferguson has used on the road probably thousands of times.

Right now I'm thinking it'll be mostly funk with a gospel-ly bridge. The funky part will be the party the guy goes to after the evil woman is gone, and the gospel part will be when he thanks the lord that he's free. Heck, if I can be clever enough I'll write lyrics. As for me singing them...me singing funk or gospel is just racked with contradictions and irony. Perhaps by the time I sing the gospel part, the fires of Hell will singe me just enough to give me some style for the funk. But who knows, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Dingus out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home