Thursday, November 03, 2005

Paving the Way

I've been hoping to get TD/D a gig at the Broadway Bistro in Carrollton ever since I subbed in Gordon's band back in September. So when they tossed me a date for this weekend, I took them up on it, even though TD/D itself couldn't make it. So this Saturday night, from 7:30-10:30, it's "Kevin McNerney and Friends." Joining me for this gig will be my good friend Colin Hinton on drums, along with four buddies of mine from UNT: John Guari on trumpet, Collin Hauser (recently in the CCCC big band) on alto, Bryan Aduddell (formerly of 15th Street Jazz) on guitar, and Andy Rogers (my fraternity brother from Tennessee) on bass. It may not be a TD/D gig, but we'll be playing a lot of things from the TD/D book. I know it's short notice, but if you're in the area, come out and see us!

(cross-posted in slightly different form at The Musings of Kev)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home